Last month we welcomed two beautiful babies into our family!
While the miracle of childbirth is still fresh in my mind, I wanted to share some ideas and tips on how to use doTERRA's essential oils during pregnancy and childbirth. I'm proud and grateful our new Moms were so diligent and committed to healthy pregnancies and births! Believe me, they put their essential oils to rigorous use.
Enjoy this list of how to use essential oils. I encourage you to make the healthy choice, choose pure plant essences such as doTERRA's essential oils during this miraculous time!
2. Heartburn & morning sickness- DigestZen and/or Peppermint: a drop under the tongue, rubbed on abdomen or rubbed on the bottoms of your feet. Put 3 drops of Peppermint in a shot glass of almond milk for instant relief of heartburn!
3. Restful Sleep- Serenity or Lavender: Apply to the bottom of feet, even better if a special someone rubs it in for you :) Dab just a little under your nose too.
4. Lower Back & Leg Pain & Pressure- Deep Blue & AromaTouch: Getting a nightly massage is extra wonderful!
5. Pregnancy Edema- Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Cypress: put 2-3 drops each in a roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil and roll on ankles and feet a few times a day especially at the end of the day, massage toward heart.
6. To avoid stretch marks: Combine 2-3 drops of each of Helichrysum, Lavender, Frankincense, 1 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil, 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil or 6 capsules. Apply morning and night after the first trimester.
7. To induce or speed up labor- Clary Sage: This is a uterine tonic. Place a drop on ankle reflex points, diffuse with Myrrh during labor.
8. Balance and Focus for Mom- Balance Blend: Apply topically, over heart and back of neck. Diffuse with Lavender.
9. Energy- Peppermint and Wild Orange: Apply topically to bottom of feet.
10. Back Labor- Deep Blue: Apply topically...especially with a posterior baby.
11. To avoid or minimize tearing- Helichrysum: Perineal massage 2 weeks before labor and delivery.
13. Pain and inflammation- Add Lavender and Frankincense to a bowl of Witch Hazel, soak feminine pads in EO solution then freeze for soothing, healing, and inflammation during postpartum recovery.
14. Cramping & Abdominal Pain- Deep Blue Rub: rubbed directly on lower abdomen.
15. Hemorrhoids- Cypress, Geranium, Clary Sage, Helichrysum: 1-2 drops each in a small glass spray bottle, top with Fractionated Coconut Oil for hemorrhoids. Apply each time you use the restroom.
16. Nipple Soreness- Helichrysum & Lavender: for breastfeeding soreness to speed healing and elasticity.
17. Yeast infection (avoid and kill) Melaleuca: Mix with water and apply with a squirt bottle after urinating. Mix with Fractionated Coconut Oil for Diaper rash.
19. To Ease Birth Trauma- Balance: along the spine and bottoms of baby’s feet.
20. For Grounding- Frankincense: apply one drop of Frankincense on top of baby's head immediately after birth for calming and grounding.
doTERRA essential oils are safe enough for newborns. Always use half the dose and always dilute with a carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut Oil.