Here's yet another Big Fat List that I thoroughly enjoyed making for YOU! Bookmark this post for easy future reference.
1. Grungy Dish Scrubber: Drip 3 to 4 drops of Lemon or Wild Orange EO on scrubber and run through the dishwasher for clean, lemony fresh dishes and scrubber!
2. Lavender Fresh Laundry: Apply 6 to 10 drops of Lavender EO to a clean cotton sock, roll into a ball, fit the balled sock into the toe of the 2nd sock, twist end and pull the tube of section of the sock back down over balled end. Create a tight ball and throw this in the dryer with wet clothes. Lovely lavender scent for 20+ loads!
3. Enhance Your Moisturizer: Add a drop of Geranium EO to your favorite moisturizer to balance oil distribution for supple skin. Also, calms redness!
4. For Cough or Sore Throat: Add 3 to 5 drops of Lemon EO to a teaspoon of honey. Wonderful for kids too!
5. Air Freshener/Mood Lifter: Fill 8 oz. spray bottle with water and a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol or vodka (for emulsion), add 10 drops of Wild Orange and spritz into the air.
6. Near Perfect Fabric Softener: This is cheap, green and great at getting soap residue out of clothes while softening! Buy a glass quart of white vinegar. Add 20 drops of Lavender and a teaspoon of alcohol to the bottle. Shake and add a 1/2 cup of scented vinegar in your rinse cycle or softener ball. Keep the glass container and refill when empty. Plastic bottles and EO's don't play well together! Glass is better!
7. Oral and General Health Care: Add a drop of Frankincense to your toothpaste upon brushing every night and morning. Frankincense contains sesquiterpenes that enables the oil to penetrate the blood-brain barrier. Helps to oxygenate the pituitary and pineal glands. Helps with memory, irritability and restlessness.
8. Snore Stopper: Swipe a drop of Breathe Blend along each side of the nose before retiring to open up breathing passages! Love this!
9. Cradle Cap & Adult Scalp Issues: For babies, apply Lavender diluted with carrier oil to irritated areas on scalp. For adults with crusty spots, mix a drop of undiluted Lavender and Melaluca, rub into problem areas twice daily.
10. Stop Vomiting, Stomach Cramps Instantly! An EO blend that I keep with me at ALL times. A must for road warriors, doTERRA DigestZen can stop violent food poisoning symptoms in their tracks. Rub 2 to 3 undiluted drops on stomach, for more violent symptoms take 3 to 4 drops on tongue.
11. Sanitize Hands: Keep a bottle of Lemon EO in your purse or backpack to sanitize hands after using public facilities. Much better for your beneficial flora than commercial hand sanitizers!
12. Mold/Mildew Cleaner: 2 cups white vinegar in a spray bottle ~ add 2 drops Lemon EO and 2 drops Melaleuca. Shake and spray. Let stand for 30 minutes before wiping away.
13. Calm High Blood Pressure: In a capsule: 5 drops Marjoram EO, 4 drops Ylang Ylang EO, 4 drops Cypress EO, 4 drops Lemon EO. Take as needed. Does not replace your HBP medication.
14. Poor Man's Diffuser: Calm the atmosphere (classroom!) on the cheap! If you don't have a diffuser, apply 2 drops to a cotton ball and place behind a fan set to Low. Soon the room will fill with the calming properties of Lavender! Apply a refresher drop on the cotton ball every hour.
15. Chronic Dry Eyes: Gently dab Lavender EO on the facial bones surrounding the eye, careful not to get too close to the eyes with the EO. Within minutes the dry, irritated eyes will soothe and feel better. Should you accidentally get too close to the eye with any EO, dilute with a carrier oil, not water.
16. Acne and Skin Irritations: Add 20 drops of Melaleuca to an 8oz bottle of Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. An effective wash for facial and body acne!
17. Emergency Inhaler: Put a drop or two of Peppermint or Breathe Blend EO in the palm of one hand, cup the other hand atop the palm, put mouth to cupped hand and inhale deeply! Air passages and lungs will respond immediately!
18. Tooth Abscess: 2 T. Fractionated Coconut Oil, 2 drops Oregano, 2 drops clove. Hold in mouth over the infected area for 10 min. then spit it out. Do not swallow! Repeat as needed.
19. Eczema (children): Mix 1 drop, Frankincense, Geranium, Thyme and Lavender EO diluted in one tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil. Apply topically, repeat as needed.
20. Anxiety in Children: Apply Vetiver EO and Balance Blend EO on wrists morning and night. Especially nice for school age children who wake up anxious about going to school.
21. Keep Mice Out: This time of year when the weather cools, pesky mice want INside. Put 2 drops of Peppermint EO on a cotton ball and place in those known places of entry.
22. Vaginal Yeast Infection: 2 drops of Melaleuca in Fractionated Coconut Oil. Apply topically, repeat as needed.
23. Plantar Warts: Apply Oregano twice daily. Use a Q-tip for better control as this oil is considered a hot oil. If after a week or so it appears bigger that means it's dying. Keep applying! Sometimes if the wart is deeply embedded, something sticky like duct tape is useful to apply to the area and peel back, pulling the wart out. If you have any sticky discs from a prior unsuccessful wart removal kit...being very sticky, they're also great for attaching to the wart and pulling it out.
24. Equilibrium/Dizziness: Rub Frankincense behind and in front of the ears, pulling it down the jawline and toward the chin. Repeat as necessary.
25. What to do with Empty EO Bottles: Next time you take a bath, fill your empty bottles with warm water from the faucet and empty into the bath water! There is always a residue left behind in the bottle that is perfect to use this way!